President; JCA Associates, Inc
Charles W Steinmetz is a real estate investor. Previously he worked for the family company, Tiernay Metals until he sold the Company to Transtar Metals in 1999. Tiernay was the largest distributor of aircraft quality aluminum extrusions in the world. The Company is now owned by Castle Metals.
Mr. Steinmetz is also President of the Steinmetz Foundation that makes grants to literacy and curiosity building educational non-profits in Southern California.
Current Non Profit Boards:
- Board of Governors of the Archaeological Institute of America .
- Board Member – Institute of Nautical Archaeology (INA). Texas A&M University
- Board Member – Los Angeles Catholic Education Foundation
- Board Member Ocean Institute, Dana Point;
- Board Member – Pius Matthias High School, Downey, CA;
- Board Member – UCLA Anderson Alumni Association.
- Board Member-PBS SoCal
Past Service on Non Profit Boards:
- Board Member and Past Board President of St Lawrence Brindisi Elementary in Watts area of Los Angeles.
- Board Member-Santa Clara University Leadership Council for the School of Letters and Science.
- Getty Villa Council
- Directors Council of the Cotsen Institute of Archaeology at UCLA
- Manhattan Beach Rotary Club
- Southern California Grantmakers
- Manhattan Beach Rotary – Rotarian of the Year 2006-2007
- Santa Clara University Ignation Award 2008
- UCLA Anderson 100 Most inspirational Alumni
Mr. Steinmetz holds a Bachelor of Science in Commerce degree from the University of Santa Clara and a Masters in Business Administration from the Anderson School at UCLA.
He is married with three daughters and lives in Manhattan Beach, CA