Facility Rental Event Staff
Part-time; variable hours up to 28 a week starting at $11.50/hour
Under the direction of the Director of Public Programs, the Event Staff provides on-site day of event help for all facility rental events. As an integral member of our team, this position will help enforce the policies and procedures of the Ocean Institute. They should possess the ability to work independently and as a team member. Event staff should possess the willingness and flexibility to work with a diverse population of guests, vendors, clients, and Ocean Institute staff.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Must be/ willing to be CPR/First Aid Certified
- Proficient in various computer systems (internet based programs and Microsoft Office), able to set up and troubleshoot A/V equipment
- Must be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s mission statement and goals
- Strong problem-solving skills; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Strong customer service skills
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner with clients, vendors, and guests
- Ability to effectively prioritize and executer tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Professional attitude.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask in a high demand environment and use creative problem-solving skills.
- Oversee client check-in, checkout, and revenue collection
- Ensure rented spaces are left in a clean and ready condition
- Ensures rented spaces are set-up as requested with tables, chairs, etc.
- Preps the facility prior to the start of all events according to Ocean Institute policies and procedures and specific event requirements.
- Consistently survey work areas for any hazards or issues that may exist/arise
- Respond to client’s needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience
- Ensure all Ocean Institute policies and procedures are being followed by the client and vendors the day of the event
- Build and maintain a cohesive relationship with Ocean Institute staff, volunteers, vendors, and customers
- Demonstrate an understanding of all emergency and safety protocols of the Ocean Institute and enact them in an event of an emergency.
- Other duties as assigned
To apply, please send resume detailing related experience, and cover letter to email@example.com