Guest Services Coordinator
Under the direction of the Vice President of Marketing, the Guest Services Coordinator supervises the operation and maintenance of quality of the Ocean Institute’s front-line guest services. The coordinator has a lead role in all aspects for the successful completion of reservations by guest services for public programs. The Guest Services Coordinator is the back up to front desk staff when additional customer assistance is needed and will work with fellow Guest Services Staff and the Director of Public Programs to maintain software systems. In addition, the coordinator may take a leadership role as lead during special events as needed. The coordinator also pulls data from databases for marketing department reporting and data for weekly reporting on public programs utilization.
- Must be articulate and have excellent writing skills.
- Able to manage and provide strong leadership to staff.
- Fluent computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge, various databases and internet programs.
- Must possess a high sense of urgency, strong initiative, multitasking capability, customer centric attitude, and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, while maintaining a high standard of excellence in task completion.
- 2 years of reporting experience required.
- 1-2 years experience working in customer service.
- 1 year reservation experience required.
Essential functions:Essential functions
- Fulfills essential functions and responsibilities of an Ocean Institute coordinator.
- Works diligently to fulfill all reservation requests including but not limited to:
- Summer Camp bookings
- Public Cruises
- Public Tallship Sails
- Special Events
- Communicates with other departments on status of reservations and facility use.
- Answer customer inquiries and greet all guest in a professional and gracious manner.
- Greets and checks-in guests for summer camps and public programs. Collects records and payment.
- Responds quickly to changing priorities.
- Performs data entry for extended periods of time.
- Updates customer database using Raiser’s Edge, Xola, Eventbrite, and a custom built program database.
- Runs and pulls data from Raiser’s Edge, Xola, Eventbrite and inputs into reports for Public Programs and Marketing.
- Trains staff on reservation systems and protocols
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies, addresses, and helps to resolve problems within Guest Services including those that deal with equipment, maintenance, emergencies, facility use, and program scheduling.
- Effectively communicates program information to teachers and customers.
- Works as a team member with other staff to ensure the success of the programs and to create a positive work environment.
- Communicates with staff, volunteers, and the public in a positive and appropriate manner.
- Actively promotes membership to our visitors.
- Upholds Ocean Institute and departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.