Under the direction of the Vice President, Marketing, the Marketing Assistant coordinates and reviews all marketing, advertising, campaign and communications activities which include, but are not limited to, print, online, social media and email marketing to support organizational objectives. In conjunction with the Vice President and the Ocean Institute leadership team, the Marketing Assistant will be responsible for collecting and preparing reporting of competitors, customers, campaign results and marketing communication performance data.
The Marketing Assistant will assist in all communication efforts including the coordination of web site and social media posts and updates, collaborative input for public relations releases and general Ocean Institute promotional efforts.
- Marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- Experience in all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies.
- Technical marketing skills for development of collateral and presentation materials
- Industry knowledge a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team, while maintaining a high standard of excellence in task completion.
- Must have proven organization, problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Must be articulate and have excellent writing skills.
- Must have light working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and solid skills with email marketing software, Google Analytics and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with website content management system software, such as Drupal or Wordpress, a plus.
- Must have the ability to adapt creatively in a multi-task environment.
- Must possess a high sense of urgency, strong initiative, customer centric attitude, and a high attention to detail.
- Must understand marketing’s role in supporting fund raising activities as well as our Educational Programs.
- Other activities as assigned.
In addition, the Marketing Assistant will help develop cohesive branding, marketing collateral and presentation materials to support outreach efforts Ocean Institute wide. This position will maintain inventory of photo assets, artwork, video, literature and archive files.
- Assisting with the development of Ocean Institute promotional activities.
- Assisting in the ongoing maintenance and development of web and social media updates.
- Assisting in all activities to develop and maintain communications and outreach to customers, board, donors, volunteers and members.
- Gathering and preparing analytical data for weekly and monthly reports for marketing and social media.
- Manages the internal marketing and creative request process and workflow, marketing calendar and project timelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job Type: Full-time