Program Reservation Coordinator
The Program Reservation Coordinator will provide excellent, friendly proactive customer service, with an emphasis on consistent quality care to customers. The Program Reservation Coordinator’s focus is primarily on the organization’s educational programs, but will also support marketing and sales events. Full time.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sales and bookings of Ocean Institute educational programs.
- Conduct outreach to schools in support of marketing and sales campaigns.
- Maintain and review database bookings and contracts daily with a high level of accuracy.
- Provide customers with sales support materials including letters, forms, contracts, invoices, and program preparation materials.
- Build and maintain positive work relationships with teachers and school administrators.
- Assist with management of summer camp and public program bookings, reports and mailings.
- Generate reports.
- Meet department sales goals.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Greet and check in teachers and general public for programs.
- Train new staff.
- Assist with membership administration as needed.
- Regular attendance on site at Ocean Institute.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least three years of customer service experience including phone sales experience.
- Four-year degree or equivalent demonstrated relevant experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with OI staff, OI volunteers, teachers, groups of students, vendors, and the general public in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Windows, Explorer, Outlook, Word, Access Database systems, Excel. In addition, the ability to quickly master new programs related to online sales of programs. Knowledge of these software applications is required for a variety of tasks, such as electronic file management, e-mail, word processing, developing presentations, developing and maintaining database and providing reports.
- QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Be committed to excellence and furthering the educational and environmental mission of the Ocean Institute.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 3 years