School Program Specialist
Under the direction of the School Programs and Membership Coordinator, the School Program Specialist supervises the operation and maintenance of quality of the Ocean Institute’s school program reservations. The School Program Specialist has a lead role in all aspects for the successful completion of reservations, including but not limited to: school program, distance learning, summer camp, whale watching, and tall ship sails reservations.
- 1-2 years of experience working in customer service.
- 1 year of reservation experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s preferred.
- Must be articulate and have excellent writing skills.
- Able to manage and provide strong leadership to staff.
- Very computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge, various databases and internet programs.
- Must possess a high sense of urgency, strong initiative, multitasking capability, customer centric attitude, and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, while maintaining a high standard of excellence in task completion.
- Fulfills essential functions and responsibilities of an Ocean Institute School Program Specialist.
- Works diligently to fulfill all reservation requests including but not limited to:
- school program requests
- school reservation confirmations
- summer camp bookings
- public cruises and sails
- special events
- Words diligently to follow up with all school program bookings and answer all questions related to bookings as well as collect records, confirmations, and payments.
- Communicates with other departments on status of reservations and facility use.
- Communicates with Outside Sales to ensure that all inquiries are followed up with prompt and professional attention.
- Responds quickly to changing responsibilities
- Perform data entry for extended periods of time.
- Update customer database using Raiser’s Edge, Xola, Eventbrite, and a custom-built program database,
- Assists with events including public programs events, membership events, and development events as required by the Programs and Membership Coordinator.
- Assists Guest Service Team by covering Guest Service Representative during lunch breaks and when they are out sick or on vacation as assigned by the Programs and Membership Coordinator.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies, addresses, and helps to resolve problems within Guest Services including those that deal with equipment, maintenance, emergencies, facility use, and program scheduling.
- Effectively communicates program information to teachers and customers.
- Works as a team member with other staff, volunteers, and the public in a positive and appropriate manner.
- Upholds Ocean Institute and departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Programs and Membership Coordinator.